Additional ToolsFacebook continuing its' ongoing process for continuous improvement and operational efficiency has recently announced some additional and potentially valuable tools that bring additional value to Facebook users that may publish videos on their Facebook page.
Two Key UpdatesSpecifically there are two new major upgrades that will provide publishers a greater level of control over how videos get displayed and ultimately shared to others.
The Enhanced Video Uploading SystemThe much anticipated enhanced video upload feature provides business page managers the ability to customise the distribution of the videos within the Facebook platform allowing for a more precisely segmented flow of video content to exactly the precise audience for whom you want each video to be seen.
New Video LibraryThe new video library feature is an equally impressive addition and provides and intuitive, central repository of video storage that allow for simple video management by the page owner.
Improved Video Uploading Functionality
Additionally Facebook have reconfigured the actual upload process, whilst incorporating several additional features currently available within the Facebook Video API.
Secret VideosAlso included in this suite of new and exciting upgrades is the arrival of secret videos that now allows video owners to block any third party sites from embedding the video on their site. These secret videos give page owners the ability to upload videos which can only be seen through a direct URL, but importantly can not be searched through Facebook search directly.
This functionality will allow users the ability to host videos on Facebook, embed the video through a third-party sites or selectively provide the link to share them with anyone who has the URL, without the need to include it in your Facebook newsfeed or Facebook business pages.
Control & Customization Features
- Predetermine the video audience by demographics such as age, location, gender, etc. to more accurately align to your target audience.
- Allocate the date the video will stop playing whilst retaining the rights to it after it has stopped.
- Direct ability to publish directly to the videos tab for your business page independent of the News Feed or Timeline.
- Block or permit video embeds on third-party sites.
- Include customised video thumbnails for incorporating your own image or a suggested thumbnail.
- Label videos based on interest categories, including Entertainment, News and more.
The Video Library is a new place for Page owners to arrange and store their videos.
The Video Library provides a user friendly way to manage your entire library of videos. In the spirit of greater user control, any updates to videos may be made to individual videos or to multiple videos togther. Page admins can access the new Video Library through the Publishing Tools tab on the individual pages.
With the Video Library, Page admins may:
- Edit a video’s metadata after upload, including adding subtitles or changing the video thumbnail.
- Manage distribution options for videos, including prohibiting third-party embeds, publishing to News Feed.
- Search and filter videos by title, description.
- View and manage videos deemed to be secret videos.
So until next time, good luck and good marketing.