Sunday, July 6, 2014

Yet Another Wonderful Example of Exemplary Customer Service and Selling Skills



It’s fair to say that few of us these days expect exemplary customer service and salesmanship from any particular business because frankly despite the fact that everyone certainly deserves it, it simply so often so far from that level that we just get used to the bar being set so much lower.


With this in mind I’m delighted to be able to pass on and discuss with you an example of a young man who has truly understood what selling should be and how every sales person should approach the role each day.
To set the scene like many others I was looking to upgrade my car last week as we came to the end of the financial year and after much analysis decided the new VF Calais was the ideal car for me in Prussian Steel. With this I went into a local dealership and am grateful to have met an honest and genuine broker in the form of Sam Innes at Booran Holden, in Nepean Highway Cheltenham.

Sam basically makes a mockery of the long standing stereotypical behaviours many people attribute to car salespeople. Quite the opposite he understood from the outset that the greatest attribute of any salesperson is the ability to actively listen to what I was saying to him. Hear it, understand it and ultimately act on it in a way that supported my needs and desires and accounted also for any concerns or issues that I was facing in the decision of buying my new car whilst concurrently selling the old one.
As an interesting footnote to this story the word selling itself is a word from the Scandinavian region which means ‘To Serve’ and when I look back at Sam’s approach it is not surprising that every element of my time with him did just that.
His openness, transparency, fairness and desire to want to help me get what I wanted stood out strongly and coupled with his professionalism and attitude, made it a very simple choice for me in the end.
AS a little icing on the cake after buying the car and awaiting delivery I realised that one item that had always come standard with this make of car was now an optional extra. Sensing my disappointment at this, Sam negotiated to get it for me at no cost despite the fact the deal had already been done, ensuring that as well as my overall level of satisfaction, there was also a little Wow factor thrown in for good measure.
I suspect Sam Innes will go a long way in both his current role at Booran Holden and where ever the trail leads him because he has as his central focus the customers and their needs not just those of the business, and so any success based on this approach will be well earned.  As a final question how much does your approach to dealing with customers mirror Sam’s. A little or a lot?
So until next time, good luck and good marketing.
Regards,
Daniele.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add a comment, suggestion or any feedback you'd like to share with other marketers,brand managers and marketing enthusiasts.